May 07, 2015 · There are a lot of powders that work for handloading the .308 Winchester, but you can never go wrong with Varget. For top accuracy, it’s best to weigh every powder charge. Bullets There are a lot of good .308 bullets out there. All I can say is, lately I am having good luck with 175-grain Barnes Match Burner bullets. Bullet seating
Airpod pro stopped working
- Jul 08, 2009 · I personally don't load for 308, but Varget seems to be a top powder, as is Reloader 15. BL-C(2) might also be a good powder,since that is the original 308 loading powder. I do reload for 30-06 and...
- Aug 28, 2008 · 46 gr varget 155 berger vld's shot 1.5" group last week with moderate wind at 300 yards in my 308. 3 of the 5 rounds were touching. zero at 300 was 16 clicks up on a 1/8 scope, from 1.5" high at 100. 08-21-2008, 08:22 AM #9
The “classic” .308 load for 168gr SMKs is IMR 4064 with Federal primers. However, these days Varget is probably slightly more popular. Lot variance has frustrated Varget users, however. Jerry Tierney has had to tweak his .308 Palma Varget load up to two full grains to maintain optimal velocity.
- Let's Load Some 308. Loading up the first test loads for the T/C Compass. Using Speer 168g Target Match rounds in Starline Brass and Varget. Using data from the Hornady Manual. This rifle is topped with a Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60×52 Scope. Shooting took place at […]
Sep 14, 2018 · Load for a bunch of calibers, but fixing to get started loading for a Remington 700 varmint in .308 Winchester. Loads in general, let's try to get some good load data going. Pick your caliber and post in a new thread.Remember that it is the individuals job to make sure loads are safe in his/her guns. Thanks
- 308 Winchester load development: Sierra 168 gr. MatchKing with IMR 4064 and VARGET. December 6, 2016 Bill Marr Bullet Selection, Cartridge Selection, Precision Rifles, Reloading 0. In the days before the 175 gr. Sierra MatchKing (SMK), the 168 SMK ruled supreme in the 308 Winchester. Back then it was sometimes referred to as a “heavy match” bullet since it was a step up in weight from the 147-150 grain projectiles (I actually had a Khales 26mm tactical scope cammed for it with “HM ...
Winchester Load Data
- Predicted Data for Indicated Charges of the Following Powders. For this weekend's matches, I will load 46 grains of Varget, a SMK 155, and CCI My recipe for my M1A and .308 Garand is 155 SMK palma, Win match case, 43 gr...
I got a question. I was loading up some Hornady 165 grn SST's for upcomming deer season and was using Varget powder. The Hornady manual says the starting load is 32.6 while the Hodgdon website says the starting load is 42.0.
- .308 Reloading data only. Jump to Latest Follow. pad, Ergo FDE grip, Mcree's 5 round magazines, Accurate Mag 10 round magazines. .308 Win Load Data: 175 SMK, Hornady Match brass, 44.3 gr Varget, Fed 210M primer, COL 2.81" Good load, no numbers with me.
I use IMR 4064 in the .308 and it has never given me a reason to try Varget. You can get slightly higher velocity with Varget, but you Maybe more data will prove to be convincing. NCsmitty. I've found in calibers like the .308 and 30-06 Varget works well with 150gr bullets but not so well with 180gr bullets.
- 308 Winchester Load Data. 110 - 125 Grain. 140 - 155 Grain. 165 - 168 Grain. 175 - 180 Grain. 190 Grain. Cartridge Information. 308 Winchester Cartridge Information. Shop Nosler Products.
Barnes 308 caliber bullets reloading guide. My elk load consists of a Barnes 165-grain X-Bullet powered by 46 grains of Varget. The bullet moves out at a little more than 2,700 fps and groups rather well.